We had Rheem central unit installed on 08/09/11 and the first 3 years or so worked great, then in the summer of 2014 we had to have freon because of a leak.Worked good the rest of the year then at the beginning of summer 2015 had to replace the compressor and even with the warranty it cost us 1200, then we had to have leak repaired and freon replaced again and then again.

And now on Friday 12/09/16 the freon had leaked again and it is due to a valve this time that they say will cost 500 for just the valve. And then we tried to use the emergency heat and it blows out cool air. We have put in over 1800+ for repairs on this crappy unit and we are not very happy. We are having a new unit installed and it will not be a Rheem.

Very disappointed in this product and company.And we will discourage any one having a unit installed from using your product.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of central unit. Rheem needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned central unit in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Rheem.

Had an Experience with Rheem?

Comments

Whirlpool Cabrio washer cracked lid (Model WTW7800XW2) Whirlpool "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..." Read more Ge Appliances - GE Front Load Washer Drum Support Spider Broken Ge Appliances "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..." Read more Rheem Heat Pump Rheem "Rheem Heating and Cooling - I called this number 1-479-646-4311 since I didn't see any contact number for customer service in their website. It is a good number for a..." Read more Your Dollar Store With More, Toronto, Ontario  Canada Ripped Me Off And Scammed Me! Your Dollar Store With More "4266 Bathurst Street Apartment #203 Toronto, Ontario Canada M3H 5Y7 Thursday, July 6, 2017 c/o V.I.P. Corporate Executive YOUR DOLLAR STORE WITH MORE AND CAMELION BATTERY via email: info@camelionbattery.com regarding:..." Read more Cracker Barrel - Totally disgusting Cracker Barrel "...my family and I went to the Crackel Barrel in Roseville.My son received his salad and began to eat only to find a dead fly in it..." Read more Lazada Philippines - Refund money and broke item Lazada Philippines "Im really dissapointed in my order in lazada because i cannot use my order because when they deliverd and i try to use but its broke, this is 2x i..." Read more Gearbest - Changed price - have to pay more than advertised Gearbest "I bought a smartwatch. It was advertised as RM68.28. shipping is RM14. When in the payment page, I selected to use my GB wallet, which RM79, click to use GB..." Read more Little Caesars - NEGATIVE MARKETING FOR LITTLE CAESER'S PIZZA Little Caesars "To person who verbalized the negative nature of this described Little Caesar Commercial; I agree with you. This commercial is absolutely the most thoughtless regarding Father & Son. There is..." Read more