Just bought a Rheem water heater through Home Depot.It was self installed (always do my own maintenace when possible).

They have no technicians less than 66 miles away so I have to find a contractor to take out and up the stairway, back to home depot, get the new one and install it. Home Depot service people don't even know who to call to get approval for return so I will have to teach them how. I have to pay the installer and Rheem will reimburse me if it does not exceed $250. I estimate it will be $350 to $400 (used to do project estimating for a living).

So, the ad on the box, Warranty Parts and Labor for 3 years, is only true if the labor costs less than $250. Home Depot's process is what causes costs to soar. I already practiced a return and it took 30 minutes. I will have two contractors standing around for 30 minutes to get the old returned and get a new one.

Reversing the order would eliminate that wait which will be about $100 in costs. I talked this through with Home Depot folks and they don't really care enough to figure out how to do what I want.

They can't even put the replacement unit on lay away for me to ensure it is there when I need it Tuesday afternoon.Guess I will go back to shopping at Lowe's,

Review about: Rheem Water Heater Warranty.

I didn't like: Warranties designed to get the customer to give up and go away.

Had an Experience with Rheem?

Comments