Ellendale, Delaware

Rheem Heating and Cooling - I called this number 1-479-646-4311 since I didn't see any contact number for customer service in their website. It is a good number for a low quality heating and cooling products business. Rheem is not a good company because they sell lemons for heath pumps. I had to spend more than $2,000.00 dollars for a 3 years old unit in repair labor and R-410A. The unit had the reversion valve replaced before (only parts are covered by the Rheem warranty) more than a year ago and now it needs the txv to be replaced. The unit still leaking R-410A according to one HVAC technician that recharged the unit couple times. The contractor that installed our heath pump, Rolph HVAC from Seaford Delaware, does not do business with Rheem, according to the owner/representative because of bad experiences with that company. When I talked with the customer service representative from Rheem to complaint about our heat pump, she said that Rheem will replace the part that is on warranty but labor costs are between the customer and the installer. I had to explained her that because of a defective unit form her companies Rheem I had to spend money every year on repairs for a new unit that is only 3 years old and that should not be that way. This unit should be working without any issues for many years and not like it is now, a money waster. The customer representative was helpless and she referred me back to the company that installed the unit who are making money out of this situation, of course. This is not right, selling and installing defecting units so the customer have to pay for repairs and labor for a brand new cheap Chinese heath pump unit. I will never buy a Rheem product again since they have these cheap Chinese defective new products and bad customer service.

The Perez and Alvarez Family

Ellendale, Delaware

Review about: Heat Pump.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Rheem Warranty
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $2200
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Rheem?

Comments

P Buddery
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #604106

Our Rheem heat pump hot water heater has failed for the third time, this time 3 months after its last major repairs.

Heat pumps and bulletproof water pumps are old technology yet Rheem are unable to make anything that lasts for more than about 2 years. Who is making these things? Are they coming out of China for $7.00 a unit, made by dead people because its cheaper?

Seriously, we are thinking of getting rid of it and going back to an electric heater or even a gas system.

Ted P

This unit is now four years old with only one prior oddball failure! the industry only provides parts warranties with some manufacturers giving up to the first year in labor so there is nothing newsworthy about that - everything after that could have been covered through an extended service agreement.

As for the dealer, they probably dont buy Rheem from the distributor this came from because that distributor no longer has access to Rheem.

And just because I also believe in american made products you should know that the unit on the invoice you show was made in Milledgeville GA USA - not china!!!